The coalition of governments led by Saudi Arabia has issued a statement the airstrike that killed at least 26 children and wounded at least 19 more in or near a school bus in the busy market of Dhahyan, in northern Yemen, on August 9, 2018, was due to “mistakes” and that it would “punish those who made these mistakes.” However, there has been no persuasive independent investigation of how and why these "mistakes" have occurred.
points out that the solution to these slayings of civilians is immediately halting weapons sales to Saudi Arabia.  Since the Yemen conflict escalated in March 2015, the coalition airstrikes have been carried out in violation of the laws of war “without adequate follow-up investigations, placing arms suppliers at risk of complicity in war crimes.” It notes the US is reportedly working to advance a sale of $7 billion in precision-guided munitions to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
“The Saudi-led coalition’s attack on a bus full of young boys adds to its already gruesome track record of killing civilians at weddings, funerals, hospitals, and schools in Yemen,” said Bill Van Esveld, senior children’s rights researcher at Human Rights Watch.
There was no evident military target at the time of the attack, which killed 25 boys and wounded 13 boys on the bus, according to the witnesses, and also killed a boy and wounded six others who were near the bus. Some grieving parents said that the force of the explosion meant they were unable to recover any body parts of their children.
Last year Human Rights Watch identified
The Education International,(EI), the international confederation of teachers unions, currently appears to have about the war crimes committed in Yemen by the Saudi-led coalition. We hope the EI will include violation of Yemeni children's rights in its political alerts on human rights.